Vehicle Self Loading Crane Operation
These training units involve the skills and knowledge required to follow and apply various crane safety procedures, and work health and safety (WHS)/occupational health and safety (OHS) procedures when carrying out crane operations.
Vehicle Self Loading Crane Operation (CV)
UNIT CODE: TLILIC0024
UNIT TITLE: Licence to operate a vehicle loading crane (capacity 10 metre tonnes and above)
This unit covers the operation of a vehicle loading crane with a rating of >10 metre/tonne in the resources and infrastructure industries. It includes planning and preparing for crane operations, operating and maintaining the crane, carrying out operator maintenance and cleaning up. The work required in this unit relates to the National Occupational Health and Safety Certification Standards for Users and Operators of Industrial Equipment (NOHSC:1006).
- Relevant Australian Standards, Legislation and Regulations
- OH&S policy
- Codes of Practice
- Risk assessment, hazards and no-go zones
- Safety information and procedures
- Environmental protection
- Attachments, controls and functions
- Pre-operational checks, planning servicing
- Site/job planning
- Set up crane, operate and shut down
- You must be 18 years of age or over (as evidenced by photo ID – driver’s licence or passport)
- Read and write English to a basic level
- Have the necessary health and fitness to carry out the work safely
- Knowledge Assessment
- Calculation Assessment
- Performance Assessment
After successful completion of your course you will be issued with a WorkSafe Notice of Assessment, which will immediately entitle you to perform work until you receive your High Risk Work Licence. We also issue a Statement of Attainment stating the unit achieved and process your WorkSafe paperwork for you.
For a list of when these courses are scheduled to run, click Course Schedule.
Request Further Information