Mobile Non-Slewing Crane Operation
These training units involve the skills and knowledge required to follow and apply various crane safety procedures, and work health and safety (WHS)/occupational health and safety (OHS) procedures when carrying out crane operations.
CN - Mobile Non-Slewing Crane Operation
Mobile Non-Slewing Crane Operation (CN)
UNIT CODE: TLILIC0018
UNIT TITLE: Licence to operate a non slewing mobile crane (greater than 3 tonnes capacity)
This unit specifies the outcomes required to operate a mobile crane of greater than 3 tonnes capacity that incorporates a boom or jib which includes articulated type mobile cranes and locomotive cranes, but does not include vehicle tow trucks, for licensing purposes. The work described in this unit relates to the National Standards for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work.
- Relevant Australian Standards, Legislation and Regulations
- OH&S policy
- Codes of Practice
- Work requirements, safety information and procedures
- Hazards identification and hazard prevention
- Cranes, understanding characteristics
- Crane movements and procedures
- Communication signals and procedures
- Set up and move crane
- Shut down and secure crane
- You must be 18 years of age or over (as evidenced by photo ID – driver’s licence or passport)
- Read and write English to a basic level
- Have the necessary health and fitness to carry out the work safely
- Knowledge Assessment
- Calculation Assessment
- Performance Assessment
After successful completion of your course you will be issued with a WorkSafe Notice of Assessment, which will immediately entitle you to perform work until you receive your High Risk Work Licence. We also issue a Statement of Attainment stating the unit achieved and process your WorkSafe paperwork for you.
For a list of when these courses are scheduled to run, click Course Schedule.
Request Further Information