Working At Heights
Any person that is working at heights in any industry needs to have
the required safety training in accordance with the Code of Practice Falls at Workplaces.
Working At Heights Course (WAH)
UNIT CODE: RIIWHS204E
UNIT TITLE: Work Safely at Heights
About Working At Heights
|Any person that is working at heights in any industry needs to have the required safety training in accordance with the Code of Practice Falls at Workplaces.|
- You must be 18 years of age (as evidenced by photo ID – driver’s licence or passport)
- Ability to understand, read and write English
- Legislation OH&S Act 1984 Responsibilities (Duty of Care)
- Regulations OH&S 1996 Specific hazard and work practices
- Code of Practice Prevention of Falls at Workplaces
- Australian Standards: – 1891.1, 2, 3, 4
- Harness & Fall Arrest Systems – 4142.3
- Health & Safety Act Section 19: What employers must do
- Occupational Health & Safety Act Section 20: What employees must do
- Occupational Health & Safety Act Section 21: Employers & Self Employed
- Occupational Health & Safety Act Section 23: Duties of Manufacturers
- Occupational Health & Safety Regulation 3.49
- Occupational Health & Safety Regulation 3.55
- Common Hazards
- Hierarchy of Control
- Physical Control Measures
- Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
- Emergency Rescue Suspension
- Trauma Preventing Suspension
- Anchors, Harness & Lanyard Harness Inspection
The practical component of this course includes a demonstration of all equipment mentioned in relation to Australian Standards. There is also an exercise in which rescue procedures are demonstrated, which includes the “gotcha” rescue system, EDD, ladder climbing and double hook up system to a static line. Also includes vertical static lines/ascenders. All participants must complete the mentioned to achieve certification.
A Statement of Attainment will be awarded upon the successful completion of the course; this is a nationally recognized unit of competency.
For a list of when these courses are scheduled to run, click Course Schedule.
Request Further Information