Slewing Mobile (<= 60 tonnes) Crane Operation Course
These training units involve the skills and knowledge required to follow and apply various crane safety procedures, and work health and safety (WHS)/occupational health and safety (OHS) procedures when carrying out crane operations.
Slewing Mobile (<= 60 tonnes) Crane Operation Course (C6)
UNIT CODE: TLILIC0023
UNIT TITLE: Licence to operate a slewing mobile crane (up to 60T)
About C6 Crane Operation
The C6 Crane is a slewing mobile crane with a capacity of up to 60 tonnes. This slewing incorporates a boom jib, which is capable of being slewed. Some of the duties a C6 crane operator would undertake are Prestart checks, general maintenance or servicing, set-up and Shut down and Operation of the crane.
- You must be 18 years of age (as evidenced by photo ID – driver’s licence or passport)
- Ability to understand, read and write English
- Introduction and Legislation
- Occupational Health & Safety regulation
- Structural characteristics and stability limitations of the C6 (Slewing Mobile) crane
- Identify workplace hazards, the application of appropriate hazard control measures
- Principles of Slewing Mobile crane operation
- Understanding communication with Dogman and other authorized personnel on site
- Multi-crane hoisting
- Lifting personnel in a work box
- Conduct pre-start and post-operative equipment checks in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications
- Communication with Dogman and other authorized personnel on site
- Correct deployment of the crane’s outriggers in accordance with manufacturer’s instruction
- Operation of the crane to raise, move and place loads using all relevant crane movements
- Perform parking and shut down procedures
Competent candidates will be issued with a Certificate of Attainment in C6 Crane Operation and a nationally recognised WorkSafe 60-Day interim Licence. After paperwork is lodged with WorkSafe, a High Risk Licence will then be issued to you in due course.
For a list of when these courses are scheduled to run, click Course Schedule.
Request Further Information